Walker Books is bound by the National Privacy Principles (“NPP’s”) set out in the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”). All your personal information will be collected and used in accordance with the Privacy Act.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites. Walker Books is not responsible for the privacy practices of those other websites and you should check their policies prior to divulging any personal information.
We may collect personal information about you when you request any information about us or our goods or services, submit your personal details (such as when you submit a request or enter a contest) and/or complete any forms on the Website.
We will not collect any personally identifying information (such as your name, address or e-mail address) other than the personal information you supply to us on a voluntary basis.
When you subscribe to our newsletter, enter a promotion or competition or participate in a promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so that we can administer the newsletter, promotion or contest, comply with regulatory requirements and notify winners.
If you do not provide the information referred to above we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you have requested or accept your entry into any promotion or competition.
We monitor site traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site and may collect information in this respect.
HOW WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION
Depending on the circumstances, we may hold your information in either hardcopy or softcopy form (ie electronic), or both. Generally, the format in which we hold information will reflect the way in which it has been provided to us.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
We use the personal information you provide to us to conduct our business with you, to facilitate and manage our dealings and relationship with you and for any other purpose for which you may disclose your personal information to us.
We may also use the personal information we collect to notify you occasionally about important changes to the Website, new products or services and special offers we think you will find valuable. If you prefer not receive this information, please follow the unsubscribe instructions in the relevant correspondence.
Walker Books does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
• to pass your information to our affiliates (including, without limitation, companies within the Walker Books group) or certain suppliers or sub-contractors to supply goods ordered or information requested by you;
• to send you our newsletter by post or email where you have indicated your consent to receiving it;
• to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements with you; and/or
• protect the rights, property or safety of Walker Books, our users, or others.
• if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the buyer or seller of such business or assets; or
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation or to enforce the terms of this Agreement and other agreement we may have with you or to protect our rights, property or safety or that of our clients or employees. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention, credit risk reduction and professional and other regulatory compliance such as money laundering.
All sharing of your personal information overseas is carried out in accordance with NPP9 relating to “Transborder Data Flows”.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information but they may enable us to perform functions such as storing items in your shopping basket between visits. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser to prevent that. To learn more about cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. To disable cookies through your browser, follow the steps set out at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. However, by doing so, you may not be able to use or access parts and certain functions of the Website, such as, storing items in your shopping basket between visits and seeing recently viewed titles.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You may request access to, update or correct personal information that we hold about you by e-mailing your request to Privacy. If we deny access we will tell you why. Alternatively, write to us at:
Walker Books Australia Pty Limited
Level 2, 1-15 Wilson Street
Locked Bag 22
Newtown NSW 2042
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK
We welcome your questions, suggestions and comments about privacy. If you have a question, comment or suggestion regarding privacy or the way we handle your personal information, please send an e-mail to Privacy.
You may lodge a complaint about our handling of your personal information by sending an email to Privacy. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may then lodge a complaint with the Federal Privacy Commissioner. You may obtain information about privacy and lodging a complaint with the Federal Privacy Commissioner at http://www.privacy.gov.au.